“Friends of Barclay Park” is a group of individuals interested in the beautification and improvement of the specially preserved historic open space between High and Church streets and bounded on the south by Marshall Street. The Friends of Barclay Park exists to support the care, preservation, and improvement of the Park for the benefit of the generations present and future who have and will appreciate its urban beauty and historical significance.
- Protect, preserve, and freshen the Park, including the arboretum, flowers, and historic gate in a manner consistent with the preservation efforts to retain the land as urban open space.
- Celebrate the natural and human history of the Park and its preservation.
- Represent the Park to the Borough Parks and Recreation Department, the Parks and Recreation Commission, and Borough Council, reminding them of the existence and mission of the Friends of Barclay Park.
- Work collaboratively with the Borough of West Chester to prioritize and define Park projects
- Raise funds through membership fees, donations, grants, and fundraising events.
- Increase awareness of our mission and Park events and activities.
- Encourage responsible use of the Park for all visitors to enjoy by